In an ever-evolving educational landscape, the quest for effective teaching methods that truly engage students and foster deep understanding remains paramount. The upcoming webinar, "Unlocking Mathematical Potential: Empowering Equitable and Student-Centered Teaching," led by Dr. Farshid Safi, promises to be a game-changer for educators seeking to transform their mathematics classrooms into thriving hubs of learning, exploration, and inclusivity.
Equitable and Student-Centered Teaching for Mathematical Excellence
The heart of this webinar lies in its mission to spotlight equitable and student-centered teaching approaches that not only support profound mathematical thinking but also celebrate individual identities. As educators, we recognize the significance of empowering teachers and leaders to nurture students' sense of belonging while promoting mathematical understanding that goes beyond the surface.
Join us September 14, 2023 at 3 pm ET.
This webinar is free to attend. REGISTER NOW
Dr. Safi's Webinar Objectives:
- Empowering Educators: The webinar's primary goal is to equip teachers and leaders with research-informed strategies that empower them to create a vibrant and inclusive mathematical learning environment. By integrating an equitable and student-centered approach, educators can enrich their mathematical, pedagogical, and professional skills.
- Building a Collaborative Community: Collaboration is the cornerstone of effective teaching. Through this webinar, participants will learn how to foster a community of trust, progression, and mutual support. By sharing experiences and insights, educators can harness the collective power of their peers to reach and teach every student effectively.
- Deepening Mathematical Thinking: Delving into mathematical concepts at a profound level is crucial for developing critical thinking skills. The webinar will explore strategies to encourage deep mathematical thinking, enabling students to grasp the underlying principles and apply them creatively.
- Effective Communication: Collaborative and collegial communication is key to a successful classroom. The webinar will emphasize methods to encourage meaningful dialogue and teamwork among educators, enhancing the learning experience for students.
- Valuing Diverse Perspectives: Every student brings a unique perspective to the classroom. By valuing and acknowledging each individual's thinking, educators can create an environment where every voice is heard and respected.
- Embracing Vulnerability: Teaching and learning are journeys of growth. The webinar will emphasize the importance of vulnerability in these processes, encouraging educators to demonstrate openness to learning alongside their students.
- Tools and Resources for Authentic Teaching: In today's digital age, technology plays a pivotal role in education. The webinar will explore essential tools and resources that facilitate authentic and engaging mathematics teaching. By leveraging technology effectively, educators can enhance the learning experience and make mathematics come alive in the classroom.
This "Unlocking Mathematical Potential" webinar promises to be an enlightening journey for educators seeking to revolutionize their mathematics classrooms. By adopting equitable and student-centered teaching strategies, participants can transform their teaching approaches, empower their students, and cultivate a community of learning that thrives on collaboration, inclusivity, and deep mathematical understanding. Together, we can shape the future of mathematics education, one empowered educator at a time.
Register for the webinar here. Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of a transformative educational experience that will redefine your approach to teaching mathematics.
About Dr. Safi
Dr. Farshid Safi, a dedicated K-12 Mathematics Education faculty member and secondary education program coordinator at the University of Central Florida, is deeply involved in fostering meaningful learning experiences for students and educators across North America. His teaching spans mathematics content and methods courses in universities across the U.S and Canada, while his research centers on cultivating comprehensive, relevant, and interconnected mathematical understanding among students and teachers.
Through collaborations focusing on reasoning, equity, technology integration, and mathematical literacy, Dr. Safi actively engages in professional development and consultation with K-12 teachers on both national and international scales. His influential roles within esteemed organizations, such as the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE) and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), underscore his commitment to shaping impactful policies and practices that empower both students and educators.